Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ever wondered...

...if there are pictures of you out there that you don't know about? And yes I mean that in the creepiest way possible.

So today I was sitting quietly watching the local news. I've been avoiding watching the news lately because I got sick of all the political garbage, but it's died down a lot so I can watch again. Well today the news has a story of a janitor who had planted a camera in a women's restroom in a train station in Connecticut. I thought "hmmm what a sicko". Then they showed some video of the train station and my eyes about popped out of my head. It's the train station in Stamford, Connecticut - which is a train station that I've been through frequently. And yes I've used that restroom about as frequently as I've been through the station. That's just icky! Creepy, creepy, creepy.

So then that made me think of when I was in Rome with friends. I was traveling with Trena (my old roommate) and a couple men. Well we stayed in a hostel in Rome. One of the guys who worked for the hostel also lived in this particular apartment. One of the two bathrooms was what he called "his personal bathroom". When he was showing us around the apartment and explaining things to us he said "only the girls can use my bathroom - you guys need to use the other bathroom." I thought that was a bit odd but still used his shower. As I was showering I was wondering if he was the creepy sort of dude and had a camera in the shower. Of course I started looking for a camera but naturally didn't see one. Don't really know if there was a camera in there or not, but the second day we were there Trena and I used the other shower.

So the next time you go into a public restroom don't forget to look for the camera - say cheese and pick your nose. That's just creepy!!!! And I'm sorry I'm making light of it, but if I don't make light of it, it's really bothersome to me.

1 comment:

lmbrady said...

I'm just SURE there are cameras in the San Elijo showers! I've told everybody I can to look for cameras before undressing. Could be so easy for some creep to put cameras in there- it's open to the walking public!